Sunday, January 24, 2010

Quiche Your Way




OK. Can you tell we like eggs? I did not realize how many egg recipes I had until I started posting them. I send my apologies to my dear friend who is allergic to them! However, the crust is out of this world amazing and can use it for lots of things! Nope...it is not low-cal, so I won't be making it any time soon! :) It is for special occasions!

This was Grandma Wenger’s recipe. The crust is super easy and so good! What strikes your fancy or is leftover in your frig? Put it in your quiche and bake it!




½ c butter
3 oz cream cheese, room temperature
1 c flour
Salt to taste
Mix with fork; work into a ball; push into a quiche pan.
½ lb. Swiss cheese—grate into the crust
Add one of the following:
½ lb. shredded ham
8 slices bacon crumbled
1 c crab
1 c slightly cooked spinach & onion
Mix and pour over the above:
3 eggs
1½ c half and half
½ t salt
ground pepper

Bake for 45 minutes at 375°.

Joy to you!

1 comment:

  1. This looks so good! I can't email you back with the answer to your question about charm squares because the computer is set to Outlook and there is something wrong with it that I don't know how to fix. 3 Packs of charm squares make a really nice size throw (big). I like to put 2 borders on (a 1" and a 5"). If you want to chat, please let me know at this email address: bev@44thstreetfabric.com. Did you enter the giveaway for free fabric? I hope you do! Cheery wave from Bev! http://44thstreetfabric.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Oh, goodie. I love to hear from you!