Sunday, February 6, 2011

Rocket Dog Revisited

I loved making this quilt for Deacon. It has been hanging above his bed in his room. But it was never quite finished. The original pattern was actually for a pillow and had this wonderful free motion quilting on the background. I tried and tried to get my 1960's Singer to do it when I originally made this wall hanging, but either she couldn't or I couldn't figure it out.

Rocket Dog

Well, I got a new machine for Christmas, so I asked for Rocket Dog to come back and visit for awhile.

Rocket Dog Quilted

Yesterday I finally got the nerve to try those intriguing free motion swirls.

Rocket Dog Quilting Close-up

It was actually easy and fun. I am amazed by the differences in sewing machines.

Rocket Dog Blast-Off

Rocket Dog gets to go home and I am now satisfied that he is truly finished. Ahhhh....

5 comments:

  1. A special treasure to Deacon from his wonderful & talented Grammy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you did fantastically, very well done! Are you enjoying your new machine?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I am completely impressed! It'll be fun to see it in person and hang it on Deacon's wall again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also am very impressed with your quilting! I just love those swirls! What an addition to an already fun and wonderful little quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What an amazing difference the quilting makes. You have done a super job!

    ReplyDelete

Oh, goodie. I love to hear from you!