I loved making this quilt for Deacon. It has been hanging above his bed in his room. But it was never quite finished. The original pattern was actually for a pillow and had this wonderful free motion quilting on the background. I tried and tried to get my 1960's Singer to do it when I originally made this wall hanging, but either she couldn't or I couldn't figure it out.
Well, I got a new machine for Christmas, so I asked for Rocket Dog to come back and visit for awhile.
Yesterday I finally got the nerve to try those intriguing free motion swirls.
It was actually easy and fun. I am amazed by the differences in sewing machines.
Rocket Dog gets to go home and I am now satisfied that he is truly finished. Ahhhh....