Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year and new things to share

As the old year ends and the new one begins, I can finally begin to show you some of the things I made for Christmas gifts. I love my sewing machine. More than I ever thought I would. But, I was never able to accomplish free motion quilting. Not that I want to do it on a grand scale (yet). So....


Look at what I got as an early Christmas present!! She is a grand machine. Simple, yet able to do more than I could before.


The first thing I made using this machine was this darling quilt following the tutorial on comfortstitching found here. (Notice the bubble free motion quilting stitch!!! That was a piece of cake with my new baby!!!)

Emmi's Girl on a Swing

Aneela gave such excellent instructions, it was easy and soooo much fun to do!! I love seeing all those favorite fabric scraps being put to good use!

Emmi's Girl on a Swing

This little darling went to my great niece, Emerson Kate, on Christmas afternoon. (Her mommy does the cutest baby gifts and hair bows here. You can see a picture of that beautiful little girl on her blog header.) 

Emmi's Girl on a Swing

I love how the little girl turned out. And did you notice that cute little bumble bee under the branch of the tree?? Fabric designers are brilliant people. I'm just sayin'...

Emmi's Girl on a Swing

And I love that big flower on her dress with the other flower that became her collar!! Sooooo much fun!

Emmi's Girl on a Swing

Wait till you see how I adapted this pattern for my sweet little grandson, Deacon!!!!!! 

Hugs and Love!

2 comments:

  1. ahhh a pro is surfacing...love your free motion Vicki...http://stashmanicure.blogspot.com/2011/01/our-january-2011-banner-winnersare.html
    take a peak here....you may have missed this..wink..

    love your new machine...always nice to have new tools...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, lovely, lovely! I love this! Congrats on your new machine too! Love the pebbble quilting. I haven't tried it yet myself!

    ReplyDelete

Oh, goodie. I love to hear from you!