Friday, August 6, 2010

Flying Geese June Block

The Quilting Journal Round Robin Bee that I am in, has a quiltalong on the side. We call it the Secret Society of the Traveling Bee. It isn't really a secret. :) Many of us are fairly new at piecing quilts or wanting to try out some fun blocks that seem difficult or scary. I shared the July block here, but realized I had never shown you my June block. I love those flying geese. I pieced two long strips of coordinating fabric from the Amy Butler Love line, and then cut out my geese. My eye is drawn to those polka dots. They make me feel happy just looking at them.

Here is a picture of the July paper pieced string block. That same green background fabric from the flying geese is the center piece on each of the 4 quadrants of this block. It was fun to make.

Love String Quilt Block
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, goodie. I love to hear from you!