Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Ta - Da !!!

I am delighted to share the final quilt in this yummy stack!

A Beautiful Stack of Binding Love

"Hexie Tiles" is actually the first one of the group that I made, originally blogged here. So, this quilt....

Hexagon Quilt Along

...became this one!! I squared it up and added a border.

Zig Zag Quilt for Ashley

The back is all one fabric, which is a nice contrast to the front.

Zig Zag Quilt for Ashley {back}

Don't you love how quilts look so cozy and crinkly after they are laundered??

Zig Zag Quilt for Ashley

I said I would never make another hexagon quilt, but it has been long enough that I have changed my mind. 

Ashley's Quilt close up

Yup. I am no longer saying "never"!! 

Ashley's Quilt close up

Ashley took these great photos for me on a cold weekend while we were visiting.

Ashley's Quilt backing

Then she took it outside on one of the first warm days this spring!

Hexie Tiles

D helped!

Uh-Oh!

And what a cute helper he is!!

IMG_2919

Hexie Tiles

Hexie Tiles

Here is Ashley with her quilt.

Hexie Tiles

I am so glad she likes it!

Hexie Tiles

D and his Daddy.

IMG_2935

D and his Mommy.

IMG_2950

I am crazy about these people! 

IMG_2944


9 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL post! BEAUTIFUL family and BEAUTIFUL quilt!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely little family. And it's very clear that Ashley loves her quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt is lovely, Vickie, as are all of your quilts. You have a lovely family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful photos of your family and work!!! Nice quilt too!! Happy Spring (soon).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love this quilt! It's fun to look at all the fabrics in the hexagons...it feels as if I keep finding 'new' fabrics in the mix! :) Thanks Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Vickie! Ooh it's so beautiful! I love those colours and hexacons! I would like to make similar, but it's still too challenging ... perhaps aften our classes with Rebecca. Photos are so lovely like the family, too!
    Have a sunny weekend! Teje

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Vickie! I love the colours in this quilt, and the design. But I especially like the surprise on the back! I love that about some quilts..the front is great, but I always turn the quilt over to see what the quilter has done on the back. Always a nice surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous quilt! I love it!
    And yes, I love the crinkly, old fashioned puckered look the quilt gets after washing. I wash all my quilts when I finish them!

    ReplyDelete

Oh, goodie. I love to hear from you!