Friday, July 2, 2010

Charming Mini Quilt Swap for Lily.Lemon

"Come Sail Away" is the cute mini quilt I made for lily.lemon. I have had a thing for flying geese and half square triangles, as well as liberated quilting. This little mini combines them both. The Neptune fabric by Tula Pink made me think of the ocean. I love red, but only wanted a touch of it on the front. This was my first mini quilt and my first swap. I had a terrific partner and another day will show you what I received from her!!! You are gonna "Love" it!!!!

Here is the back. It is OK, but next time it will be better!!! :) After doing this quilting, I learned how to use my walking foot!!


I had a simple label that was quilted in, but I didn't like it, so I paper pieced this cute sailboat and added it to the back for my label. I really like being able to use the reds, as I didn't want many of them on the front. I tried....really I did. I loooovvvve red, but they didn't 'work' on the front, except for those little touches of it in the pieced sashing.


All in all this was a great experience. I have learned soooooo much, and that is fun!!!

1 comment:

  1. Vickie, this is beautiful. I love your color choices and the sail boats on the back are the perfect quilt labels. Your partner is very lucky!

    ReplyDelete

Oh, goodie. I love to hear from you!