Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Finished? I don't think so.

Here is a progress picture of the BUBK quilt. I added the Oliver+S frothy pink fabric around each block and then sized them all the same. The black with white dots AH June bug fabric was then sashed between all the blocks. It hung on the design wall for quite some time. My sisters helped me. We auditioned the plain larkspur, the pink frothy and the black dots. Also tried the turquoise and the green I sent out to the bee gals. They were all just so-so.

Next post I will show you what I did, cause right now I am on vacation!!! :)


  1. It's gorgeous! My first two blocks from my Bee (the one inspired by this quilt!) have been done, and I'm very excited! Will blog about them soon so you can see x

  2. Vickie, it is going to be one beautiful quilt when you are done!!! I can't wait to see it when you get back from vacation.
    Nancy P. aka QueenPeach20

  3. can't wait, but first, have a lovely vacation.

  4. Hi Vickie! That is so great quilt! I love all the blocks and colours! I wouldn't have chosen the red and black but now when I see it - it's just perfect! Have a lovely holidays!
    xxx Teje

  5. The red and black worked out perfectly!

  6. I have my own birdy quilt tops but this is so much more adventurous!


Oh, goodie. I love to hear from you!