Thursday, May 26, 2011

Bee Blocks

Tree for Jen by myfullcolorlife - Vickie
Tree for Jen, a photo by myfullcolorlife - Vickie on Flickr.
This tree is for Jen in the Bee Unique Bee Knotty bee on flickr. She sent out the white background fabric and the bark fabric then asked us to create a tree using favorite fabrics or colors. I am really liking red and pinks together, as well as turquoise and all kinds of greens.

OJRR Bee block for Kerry

This block is for Kerry in our Quilting Journey Round Robin Bee. This is actually foundation pieced on a square of interfacing. Worked well! I fussy cut the center square and then started adding more of my current favorite colors. She said she liked brights. I am so glad!

OJRR Bee block for Kerry

Here is my block with Kerry's starter block. I didn't take the time to photograph all of them together {School in May, son graduating, 7 family birthdays}, but it is going to be a wonderful quilt!!!

Deanna's block - Fussy Cut Love Bee

This block is for Deanna in the Fussy Cut Love Bee. I love that hummingbird. And those colors!! This is going to be a gorgeous quilt!! Working on it reminded me of the summer at the cabin in Colorado that I patiently sat with my finger perched under the hummingbird feeder until the birds got used to me. I still remember how their little feet felt! Such tiny, beautiful birds!

What have you been working on?

8 comments:

  1. what a busy bee you've been. I love your tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tree is fabulous, Vickie. I love the block for Kerry. You do have the coolest fabric! Seriously.

    I've got to say that block for Deanna is absolutely beautiful. A very striking block. I just had to tell you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, I am so glad I follow you. love all your combinations and creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't decide which is my fav - the hummingbird or the tree. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the hummingbird in the block! How clever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blocks are so btight and beautiful! a feast to the eyes

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are great blocks...love the hummingbird fabric!!
    Blessings,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vickie! Oh - I love all the blocks - that tree is really great - with the bird is so beautiful and lovely colours - those colour mix are always my favorites ... I'll go to see again your brid block with scraps ...
    Have a sunny sewing time! xxx Teje

    ReplyDelete

Oh, goodie. I love to hear from you!